Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

usd-zar

Russ
Super Contributor
I reckon the rand will weaken short term to about 15.15 and then strengthen over time to about R11.00.
7 REPLIES 7
Rams
Super Contributor
what time frame, seems downgrade now very likely
Hali
Super Contributor
Downgrade is priced into the currency, still undervalued by some 40%
Quakedog
Super Contributor
No No when the downgrade comes we going to R30
Rovert
Super Contributor
Maybe R20
Russ
Super Contributor
I don't know Rams, but this was my post on 25th February. A bit tongue in cheek, but who knows? "Some people around here are averse to learning from history, but: on 29/1/2016 (yes, a few weeks ago)the rand was for the first time since 31/12/2001 as oversold against the USD on the weekly and monthly sto and rsi as it was back then. These indicators have now rolled over and are heading south, just as they did after 31/1/2001 after that peak. History shows that the rand strengthened from R13.55 on 31/1/2001 to R5.63 to the dollar on 31/12/2004 (a space of 3 years to the day).Something similar happened between 31/10/2008 and 31/12/2010 when the rand strengthened from R11.47 to R6.61 (a space of just over 2 years). I'm just saying."
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
downgrade is certainly coming and as such is already being priced in .. that said there will be an initial reaction when it happens
Eurostar
Contributor
I reckon we heading for 14 bucks by mid too end May!