Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

whats with CCO ?

TILLEY3
New Contributor
whats happening with CCO ? should I jump ship - any suggestions please
19 REPLIES 19
Preston
Super Contributor
trading or investing ?
Russ
Super Contributor
Could have a little rally from here.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
There has been a fundamental change here - her cost to build must have gone through the roof with the fall in the pound... and this in the face of falling high end property prices in London. She has practically no dividend to buffer her price and I suspect this will get worse. So even as an investor - it is time to take stock IMO. Personally, I wouldn't touch it unless (until?) it CRASHES!
TILLEY3
New Contributor
suki
Super Contributor
check this heading "Time to start buying ! (?)". i said no no for me.
Russ
Super Contributor
From R106 to R48 in 10 months. Is that not a crash already?
rosszar
Contributor
I do not know what the value should be as it has never appealed due to high P/E and low dividend so I have not studied in depth, but who says R48 a bargain, when it was R23 at the beginning of 2012? Prior valuation irrelevant, what is it worth now?
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
NO! that is largely due to the Rand. The price is made in GBP on the LSE where it has fallen from 440 to 285. More weakness could see 2GBP. INTU trades at 30% discount to NAV with growing property values and 5% div. CAPC at 10% discount with bloated property values and no? div. Anything can happen though...!
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Nope! That was INTU - and I am up 7% with dividend. The risk here is the Rand. The replacement value in her centre must be going through the roof in pounds. A patience game. 5% dividend which is due to her European expansion programme otherwise this dividend would be up around 8% from what I can tell. The current discussion is about CAPCO - an entirely different model!
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
In fact - here is what I wrote in that thread about CAPCO: "We had it out about these two before, you and I Padner (as Peter Sellers would say,)I didn't like Capco At R100 (or whatever it was back then) and I still don't! Of course Intu Is leveraged (and not that badly by UK standards) - she is a REIT! That is her model. CAPCO will struggle to raise capital in this environment and any need to raise capital or offload projects in order to remain sufficiently liquid. CAPCO is all in London and mostly undelivered. Intu Is in Spain, a bit the U.S. And Another bit in India. her model is exportable and inflation adjustable (winthin reason.) CAPCO is captive to the city of London, has no meaningful revenue stream to satisfy her rollout and must rely on unit sales to subsidize this. These units have collapsed in price.) CAPCO is a non-starter. She also has barely any dividend (none for the next while, I'll wager.) to defend her valuation. If she crashes to R20 or so - I'll take a couple of hundred thousand shares; until then- you can keep her!"
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
That said - I would never actually SHORT a company with assets of this quality; and most certainly not in ZAR against a hedge stock.
Russ
Super Contributor
I would still wait a couple of days before deciding whether to sell.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Y - a bit of pound strength and this thing could bounce. I generally have no joy timing these things but then my luck "is out" as they say.
Russ
Super Contributor
Yes, I expect a short term rally in the gbp-zar as it is on support and there is a buy divergence on the daily rsi. Ditto for cco which also seems to be breaking out of its short-term downtrend.
Russ
Super Contributor
Strangely enough it has a similar chart set-up to ppc!
partridge
Super Contributor
Well I have held it since R12.00( when it was cheap- but not all that cheap) asking the same questions all the way up and not bothering to ask them all the way down.. So the only questions worth asking are - what are the prospects going forward and what are the influencers - and in answering these I find nothing that makes me think this is going back up again to where it was., or beyond. Alas fair company go softly into the night...
Russ
Super Contributor
If you had watched the breaking of the trend lines your first opportunity to get out would have been on 19/1/16 when the price was 8950. the next chance was 1/3/2016 when the price was 7291. Now we are on a trendline that goes back to about 2010. Why sell now? let's rather see if the trendline holds.I don't have much sympathy for you now, even if you fancy yourself as a combination of Warren Buffett and Dylan Thomas.
partridge
Super Contributor
Its okay I do not feel any sympathy towards myself either.
Russ
Super Contributor
Sorry about the comment. I was three sheets to the wind last night.