Search for your question first:
- Please do a quick search before asking a question. While we always encourage your participation, we don’t want you to waste your time asking a question if
someone else has already asked the same one.
- Use the search box to check. If it’s not there then ask away.
Tag your posts/questions:
- Please write concisely, be descriptive and tag your post so the Community can find it easily. This will ensure you get the better answers and responses.
Be mindful of sharing personal details:
- Remember that the boards are open and can be viewed by anyone so your details could end up anywhere. At times you will need to share some personal details or
account details with our Community Manager or Help and Support Advisors though make sure you do so in a Private Message at the various platforms.
Engage and rate our content:
- Remember to rate our content, and the content of your fellow Community members. The more the content gets rated, the better people can find the results they’re
looking for – faster!
- Feel welcome to share your experiences: if you were having a problem with something, and managed to find the solution, we’d love to hear about it. Or, if something didn’t
work, then let us know.
Talk to us in the right place:
- We’ve created the perfect place for you to talk to us depending on what your comment is. Questions, comments and suggestions all belong in our Community.
- To talk to other members in our Community, please use our Private Messaging (PM) feature. If you’d like to discuss a moderator’s decision, please send a PM to our
Community Manager. (Talking about a moderator’s decision elsewhere won’t be tolerated, as this is a private matter and talking about it in an open space is
disrespectful to other members.)
- Please note that the views expressed by members on this Community do not necessarily represent the views of the Standard Bank Group. Advice given by members
and administrators does not constitute financial advice.
- If you feel that any of your rights as a member have been compromised, or if you believe any member has overstepped the boundaries, please get in touch with our
Community Manager/Moderator via Private Message.
- If you’re not sure about whether you may be breaking any of our User Guidelines, it’s best to get in touch with our Community Manager/Moderator via Private Message.
- Failure to comply with the guidelines may lead to posts being deleted, or (in repeat instances) suspension from the Community.
Post abusive and inappropriate content:
- We will not allow any posts about illegal or illicit relating to personal finance or banking. This includes activities like black market trading, piracy, hacking,
bypassing licensing restrictions, Phishing/Fraud and matters around illegal behaviour. This is not the place for that and such content will be deleted.
- It is unacceptable to post malicious links, spam or to interfere with the website's operation. It is also unacceptable to behave in a way which may cause harm to
others, or encourage harmful acts.
Please don’t post hyperlinks in your posts:
- We will not allow hyperlinks on any posts for security reasons.
Please do not post personal contact details:
- Remember that the boards are open and can be viewed by anyone so your details could end up anywhere. At times you will need to share some personal details
or account details with our Community Manager or Help and Support Advisors though make sure you do so in a Private Message at the various platforms. (examples of
these would be: ID numbers, phone numbers or bank account details, etc)
Misrepresent yourself/company you’re affiliated with:
- While you don’t ever need to disclose your employer or your company, we’d prefer not to have commercial promotions or sales pitches in the Community.
- If you are from another company, brand, or vendor then you are welcome to join us as long as you are clear and transparent to the Community so everyone clearly
knows who you are. You must also drop our Community Manager a note to introduce yourself. This includes Standard Bank Group employees who must abide by the
employee and manager guidelines. If you have any questions feel free to ask - everyone is here to help.
Do not repeat post/bump your threads
- Bumping is posting in your own topic or someone else's just to move it up the list. It doesn't make things easier to find for any of us and can make threads difficult to
follow. Posting the same content in two places has the same effect, how will people know where to reply?
Please do not disrespect anyone
- Abuse will not be tolerated. Please respect the diversity of our community by keeping irrelevant, contentious, hateful or potentially hurtful views off the site. Sexually
explicit, vulgar, inappropriate or hate-related content is also not welcome. Don't post anything that violates the laws or our terms and conditions.