Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Who Me Too'd this topic

jimjones
New Contributor

I am constantly spammed with emails like this one:

April Webinar : Economic overview with Kevin Lings

These are from [email protected] so SB needs to take responsiblity for them. There is no unsubscribe link. You can imagine phoning support and trying to get them to stop sending unsolicited spam without unsubscribe links. I have tried to complain but no one has the agency to get unsubscribe links into these spam emails. Someone at SB has just given permission to spam their customers from their offical email address.

The reply to address is [email protected]

IT IS ILLEGAL TO SEND UNSOLICITED EMAIL ADVERTISMENTS WITHOUT THE ABILITY TO OPT OUT. https://ispa.org.za/spam/south-african-law/

Regardless from what 'department' of SB these emails orginate, they use the official address and thus SB is illegally spamming me. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE PRACTICE.

I obviously don't want to block [email protected] email address. How can we get this bank to stop sending spam to customers without consent or opt out option. How can I opt out of these webinar emails?

Who Me Too'd this topic