Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Who Me Too'd this topic

David_M
New Contributor
I feel it's not fair practice for the customer to always travel to the branch in order to reverse a debit order under R100. You are very much aware that we are constantly coming in to reverse debuts that have been loaded by a company that not even your institutions can identify. We are losing lots of money yearly because of such debit orders but for every single one of them I as a customer am expected by my bank to travel to the bank (spending money) then queue in the bank (wasting time) then have to stand there and explain to a consultant why I would like to reverse a debit order that was even more easier for some fraudsters to load than it is for me to reverse them. There are other banks that have taken a step forward to include limited reversals in their app to make life easier for their customers. Why is it such a mission for standard bank and what do they gain from extending the length of their queues daily over something that can easily be concluded on the app? Keep in mind that the money that comes into my account is money that I cannot afford to waste... give me the ability as a customer that pays for these services, to be able to have some control over some of these unauthorized debit orders. We are the ones losing money from this and I as a customer demand that the app allow the reversals of unauthorized debit orders below R100 as a start.
Go to the solution >
Who Me Too'd this topic