Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Who Me Too'd this topic

twoplusthree
Visitor

On Friday 6 April 2019 I received payment in my Standard Bank account for something I sold online. On Monday 8 April I discovered my account has been blocked without my knowledge. Only after making calls to first the call center and then to the fraud department did I realise the transaction was being investigated for fraud. I was told to submit the proof of payment with an affidavit to the fraud department, which I did. However, no-one has been able to update me on the situation since then. I've made multiple calls to the fraud department without any help. I don't even understand why the transaction is being investigated for fraud, and in the mean time my account is blocked. I DESPERATELY need access to this account as I'm expecting funds from my medical aid.

Earlier today I phoned the Standard Bank complaints department. I was promised a callback in two hours, but I still haven't heard anything. My reference number is 7023609070.

I can't believe the poor service I'm receiving from Standard Bank. I've been a loyal customer for almost 20 years but I'm seriously considering switching banks now. If I can just talk to someone to get an explanation of what's going on it would be great.

Who Me Too'd this topic