Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Honouring fee

12 REPLIES 12
fretrtert

Why are you guys taking our money and claimimg that we did have moneyt have money by the time of purchase were as we did have money at the time of purchase? Why are we charged honouring fee? 

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @ibusa.

Thank you for reaching out.

An honouring fee is a fee charged for using your card when you do not have enough available funds for the transaction.

An honouring fee is charged when you swipe your card and the merchant debits your account for a transaction that occurred days, weeks, or months ago.

Under "narrative" (description of transactions), for a delayed transaction, it’ll tell you the exact date of the transaction.

Should you be suspicious? You’re welcome to get in touch with our fraud team on 0800 222 050.

If you want to dispute the transaction, kindly share your email address, and we will share the form with you.

To avoid being charged an honouring fee, please download our banking app or cellphone banking and always check your account balance.

Mainly focus on the available balance, as it is a direct reflection of what is available for you to use.

This way, it’ll make it a little bit easier to keep track of all your transactions.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank Team

ibusa

Why are we charged honouring fee? We a postive balance

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @Singathwa.

An honouring fee is a fee charged for using your card when you do not have enough available funds for the transaction.

An honouring fee is charged when you swipe your card and the merchant debits your account for a transaction that occurred days, weeks, or months ago.

Under "narrative" (description of transactions), for a delayed transaction, it’ll tell you the exact date of the transaction.

Should you be suspicious? You’re welcome to get in touch with our fraud team on 0800 222 050.

If you want to dispute the transaction, kindly share your email address, and we will share the form with you.

To avoid being charged an honouring fee, please download our banking app or cellphone banking and always check your account balance.

Mainly focus on the available balance, as it is a direct reflection of what is available for you to use.

This way, it’ll make it a little bit easier to keep track of all your transactions.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank Team

Singathwa
I had enough money so I don’t understand what honouring fee for
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @siphumelelexolo.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Kindly note that transactions that were processed prior to your card being lost will still go through on your account.

Stopping the card will not affect them. If they are fraudulent transactions, please contact our fraud team at 0800 222 050 for investigation.

We hope the information provided is helpful.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

siphumelelexolo
New Contributor
Why am I charged honouring fee for closed card?
siphumelelexolo
New Contributor
Why am I charged honouring fee despite closing my card after I lost it..what honouring fee must I pay for closed card🚮
Shanaazkhalid72
For the past 3 month I've been charged an honoring fee. I've never used my card without having money in my account. I found 2 devices connected to my account that I did not authorized nor do I know who those devices belong to. I've never since I have my bank account been charged honoring fees. Since I swiped my card at the garage near my house I find myself being charged honoring fees. Kindly could you investigate why I was charge these fees. I can't understand this. Actually I think it is more than 3 months that my count was charged with honoring fees. I went on my bank app and I checked devices and I found 2 devices apart from my mobile active on my account. Some mobi something can't remember, however I delete those devices. Also there was a time when R100 was taken from my account and I was charged R8 but I didnt purchased anything on that date.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @cingokuhle.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We share some information about honouring fees.

Kindly tell us if you took some time and went through the information.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

cingokuhle
Why am i charged honouring fee ..when i had sufficient money on my account? I do not have debit orders whatsoever
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @filthypeasant.

This way, it’ll make things a little bit easier to keep track of all your transactions.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

filthypeasant
New Contributor

Hi my account was charged an additional fee from standard bank and i dont know why. It appears as Honoring fee. i dont know how is this possible since when i made all my transactions i had a sufficient balance. can i please get a refund