Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Insurance supplier damages my geyser and gives false information to standard bank

Natassia
Occasional Visitor
Good day

Yesterday a supplier of standard bank was at my home to assess the geyser that was not heating the water since Sunday morning after the tremor. Supplier advised that the geyser was leaking and the pipe was damaged with a hole due to corrossion. Also there were water damages to the ceiling, cupboards and walls. Strange his shoes were dry when he came down and didnt pics of the water damage. Only a hole which on the pipe which I beleive was made by the supplier. Upon checking in the ceiling myself, there was not a single drop of water, no damp area and images were taken that show a dusty sandy area throughout. If there was a crack caused by corossion, the leak would be evident in that the ceiling and drip would have collected water - there is no water in the ceiling, tray or around the geyser. The cords were pulled out and there is still no leak or damages to any part or structure around the geyser. I am not happy that the bank would send a supplier that has lied about the nature of damages to make extra money. The geyser moved as a cause of the tremor as it worked and never leaked prior to Sunday morning. The supplier also advised that he would bring the pipe and we could sort it out independently which is why I suspected something otherwise and decided to investigate. Now, I have a broken pipe and possibly, a further damaged geyser caused by Standard bank since these suppliers are supposed to be verified and represent the bank that we trsut with our finds. Also they know where i live which is the greatest concern should someone lose thwir job or contract. Im going to close my personal and business accounts with Standard Bank in addition to cancelling the building insurance, home cover and life insurance with Standard Bank. I will also post all these images on Standard Banks Twitter so the facts be seen. Its appaling!!