Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Heading for market collapse?

Not applicable
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
barry_1
Super Contributor
nah unlikely,but what difference does it make anyways?just withdraw from market then or go short!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Contrary to all expectations & certainly in the absence of any significant after-shocks post 2008 melt down, the confidence levels amongst Middle & Upper income folks are rising. As markets are driven primarily on sentiment & perception about the future this can only be a good thing for the 6 month view. Everyone who is short keeps saying "a end is nigh" when what we should be saying is "nigh to the end !!!" :) Show me some sort of evidence that isn't heresay & anecdotal & maybe I'll agree with you. The flat side ways trading market is proof enough for me that at these levels there is support not higher or lower for now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The article refers to a combination of events that together would lead to the "perfect storm" that will collapse the financial market. The article hinges upon oil being a finite resourse which is due to run out causing an escalation in prices and consequently a complete shut down of international trade.... Yasis, how long term will that be? 50 years? 100 years? And by then we should be teleporting goods and people anyway. Small issue though - The reassembled human might be considered a different sentience with the same memories as the original, while the original human would have ceased to exist. Furthermore, if several copies were constructed using merely descriptive data, but not matter, transmitted from the origin and new matter already at the destination point, each would consider itself to be the true continuation of the original; moreover, because each copy constructed via this data-only method would be made of new matter that already existed at the destination, there would be no way, even in principle, of distinguishing the original from the copies. Many of the relevant questions are shared with the concept of mind transfer.... I just thought of that right now... OKAY its wikipedia!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Suprised that HG never joined the discussion....he can tell u a thing or two about the end of the world!
0 Kudos