Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

New ETF's (plat/silver)

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ABSA will be issuing 5 new ETF's over; silver, plat,Euro, USD % Sterling .. The silver and plat will be same style as GLD, ie 1% of any oz, so easier for people to understand the pricing ..
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
They say there are no gurantees in the market. Not strictly market related but still a trade with silver. I bought some Silver items recently...most notably a silver canteen (flatware). Weight 4kg...128 ounces. So s***** value of this is 128 x .92 (purity level of silver) x 33USD = ZAR 30 000. Price paid ZAR 9000. Since looking this is not the only opportunities I have found. I like the items and I use them but nice to know they worth something...Silver antique dealers tell me s***** buyers are buying from them...go and check out grannies silver...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I got a buddie in PTA making a living off that, buys silver at least 50% below melt down price ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
u can identify silver itams by the silver halmarks...most have the lion passant mark (raging lion) this means the item contains 92.5% silver. So simply do claculations. Not suggesting this as a serious trading strategy but if u like an item and its cheaper than s***** dont even hesitate buying it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes I find it starnge that more people havenmt cottoned on to this. And if you look at the labour that goes into making items its a no brainer. Of course if you get get your hands on some Cape Silver items they sell for many times the intrinsic value.
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
Just something I read in Economist about "A good idea in danger of going bad" http://www.economist.com/node/18867037 Probably not applicable here, but not for me.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, they've cleaned up a bit, some of the geared and inverse in the US were MTM so yo didn't actually get the moves unless you day traded them, and without a maket maker that wasn't easy .. broadly I agree with the synthetic worries, costs being the biggie .. but ultimately the market wants to grow and synthetic is where it'll grow ..
0 Kudos