Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Pleeeeze advise - Calls vs. Puts

MR_V
Occasional Contributor
Hi All. For the last 6 months or so I have traded Warrents quite merrily & made some nice profits (relative to my little portfolio). However, I've only traded ACs as I understand their principal. It's the EPs that I just can't get my head around. Can an EP be bought & traded just like the ACs - i.e. can I buy EPs today & sell tomorrow (purely illustratively speaking)? I wont be STUCK with it untill expiry? When researching / studying, it's this "exercise at ANY time for ACs vs. exercise ONLY at expiry for EPs" that has me confused. Please advise as i.m.o. the market is looking pretty "maxed out" at the moment so due for some pullbacks & just sitting waiting with cash for the next rally is driving me nuts. I'd rather ask a dumb question than go ahead & buy EP Contracts & end up stuck with a bunch of 1 cent'ers.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you can sell an EP or EC whenever you want ..
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
While on warrants, am I understanding this correctly, since the warrant is issued against the underlying share by the issuer, when I placed a buy order only a portion of the order was honoured! Am I missing something here?
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
Issuer only buy or sell certain prices in relation to underlying price. If only part of your order were met, the issuer's price were higher & someone ellse sold to you.
0 Kudos