Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Can't cancel eHomeAffairs passport application & no appointments. Can I still apply in person?

3 REPLIES 3
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @Mojazzy.

ID and Passport applications are processed on the home affairs website.

We only facilitate the payment process and then you visit any of our participating branches for biometrics and collection.

Please visit the home affairs page to get more info at: http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/civic-services/travel-documents

The bank branches are also listed on the website.

@leotolstyo, also explained how they made their reservation. Have you attempted to replicate their solution?

We eagerly await your response.

Kind regards,
Fana.
Standard Bank Team.

Mojazzy
CharmaineS
New Contributor
I couldn’t find a booking either, until I “played around” with the date ranges. For example- Instead of searching from the first available date to the last available date, try selecting a specific month- e.g. 2023-06-01 to 2023-06-30 . When I did that, there was suddenly loads of appointment slots available…
leotolstyo
New Contributor

Hi. So this is my situation. I'd be grateful if someone in the know could perhaps shed some light on it.

• I need a new passport within 5 weeks
  • I (stupidly) applied using ehomeaffairs after reading this offical SB endorsement of this dysfunctional "service"
  • I paid R600 through my bills (so easily)
  • There are NO appointments anywhere near me (Cape Town) within 4 weeks. I have tried over and over. It is not possible to get one. If I wait for an appointment I will not get my passport in time
  • I now want to just go to home affairs and apply normally (because it is possible to get a passport in 5 weeks normally) BUT
  • I cannot CANCEL the online ehomeaffairs application because I stupidly paid and it won't let you cancel if you've paid (paying has LOCKED in this dud application)

My question, if anyone has experienced the same thing directly:

Can I go to a home affairs and apply for a passport normally even though this ehome affairs application is open (because I can't cancel it)? Has anyone had this problem before?

Please only reply if you know the answer definitively. Don't need further speculation. Thank you guys.