Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

I can no longer sign into Internet Banking because of the QR code

3 REPLIES 3
FanaM1
Community Coordinator
Good morning, Mabusilonnic.

Thank you for contacting us.

Please tell us what error message you're receiving on your end so that we can better assist you.

For emergency assistance, please contact 0860 123 000 and select options 3 and 4.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Standard Bank Team
Mabusilonnic
Occasional Visitor
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning.

Thank you for your comments about the app.

This appears to be a difficult experience.

Please send your user ID and contact information to [email protected] with the subject "Community inquiry | APP login."

We would like to look into this situation for you right now!

Regards,

Fana.

Lubrichem1

I can no longer access Internet Banking on my computer, or my server computer, both of which were fine until a few weeks ago- have been using them both for 5+ years!  I can’t access any of the 4 different company/ personal profiles I use on Internet Banking, and I have tried Chrome, Edge and Firefox to sign in.

I opened a new page and signed in, clicked “Sign in with Password” and entered password.  (Also tried with my bookmarked pages.)

The QR request came up anyway.

I validate the request using my phone app (stupid idea for 2 factor auth, because having your banking on your phone is very risky in case of hijacking.)

My phone app says “Successful”.

In a few seconds the Internet Banking gives me this screen below and I am unable to accesss- "Your request cannot be completed as your device is not linked to your digital profile."

My colleague can use the Internet Banking on his computer as usual and does not get asked for a QR.

Can anyone tell me what is going on?  I have tried the customer call centre but its infuriating waiting 20+ minutes on hold and then getting disconnected.