Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

honouring fee

1 REPLY 1
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @Omphile23.

Thank you for reaching out.

An honouring fee is a fee charged for using your card when you do not have enough available funds for the transaction.

An honouring fee is charged when you swipe your card and the merchant debits your account for a transaction that occurred days, weeks, or months ago.

Under "narrative" (description of transactions), for a delayed transaction, it’ll tell you the exact date of the transaction.

Should you be suspicious? You’re welcome to get in touch with our fraud team on 0800 222 050.

If you want to dispute the transaction, kindly share your email address, and we will share the form with you.

To avoid being charged an honouring fee, please download our banking app or cellphone banking and always check your account balance.

Mainly focus on the available balance, as it is a direct reflection of what is available for you to use.

This way, it’ll make it a little bit easier to keep track of all your transactions.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank Team

Omphile23
Hi
I have been charged honouring fee like twice already it doesn't make sense how you could say its a transaction i made when i had no funds but there is a transaction history for that . why am i being charged double . Please connect me to the relevant department to dispute this and get a refund . if not possible let me know so I can alternatively look for another bank that doesn't do this