Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GFI

Russ
Super Contributor
Why do I have this feeling it's about to take off?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
kwagga
Super Contributor
I honestly don't know. Gold is in seriously overbought territory, and needs to either consolidate for a while, or correct. My feeling is it will go down with the rest of the market, seeing that it has run up with the market. Go figure, the US Fed promise to make more debt and everything goes up - gold because it's seen as a save haven and equities because money has become cheap in the hands of the US gov. It use to be cheap in the hands of the US consumer and looked what happend. I think 11300 on the DOW is going to be the trigger down http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui . My finger is on the sell trigger. I'm getting nervous, waiting for confirmation.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
None of the gold miners or the gold mining index appear overbought.The sto and rsi are generally quite low and moving upwards-still room for upside in my opinion.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
If that overbought $/Gold price drops so will SA gold stocks, and it's way, way overbought. This is a toss up Russ. I don't know. I'm getting nervious and would rather wait for GFI or Harmony to break up before I buy. No use anticipating too much what will happen in the next couple of days/weeks.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Look at HAR it has been completely dead for a week or 2, It is so dissapointing. I got quite a bit in it because Gold prices held 1340 and looked as if they were taking off again. But we will see as I got a feeling its going to break out like 5-10% up in a day then have really good consecutive days gains
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
I so - why was Harmony was only up 0.1% in NY where as all the other gold shares were up almost 3% - surely would be safer to buy one of the other gold shares
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
beccause you own some ??
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
As long as we agree that gold shares are for short term trading - not long term investing. ANG is my second best trading share (after SOL)
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Expressing hope in numbers I see. Never works for me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Kwagga you always diagree with what I have to say. I called it to go up twice of late and you said I was wrong. Time to start agreeing with the Snap! ;p
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Kwagga you always disagree with what I have to say. I called it to go up twice of late and you said I was wrong. Time to start agreeing with the Snap! ;p
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Kwagga you always disagree with what I have to say. I called it to go up twice of late and you said I was wrong. Time to start agreeing with the Snap! ;p
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Talking about the gold price
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
You sound just like my wife. I'll agree with you when I think you're right, but currently for some reason your judgement seems a little clouded by gold's shine.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
All gold shares have been hovering around their resistance and suppport levels for a couple weeks now. They going to break up or down shortly and turn quickly either way.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Seems my timing was out.I agree snap1.Gfi has been in a symmetrical triangle for the last month.The support is just holding at the moment.
0 Kudos