Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TV fault

Not applicable
Hey john, Ive got a plasma in the lounge and the LCD in the bedroom - LCD much much better than plasma OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey guys, Since I believe most of you guys are in the JHB area most likely I would recommend going to Cresta shopping center. The shop is directly oppisite the banking hall by the Nino's. Speak to guy by the name of Bryan. He is the partner/manager. The shops name is electrovision. He gives really good advice and his honest and not trying to make a quick buck. He also knows his tech info inside out. Just let him know you don't wanna be BS around. he is very client focused and knows his sound quite well as well. He can also give you a demo to show you the faults in each of these TV's. Just for the record I don't own any stock in the shop and I have never bought anything from him but a mate of mine did and I tagged along when we went for the selection process and I was really impressed by him so in the future I would buy from him. Ok truth be told people buy these TV's for status purposes. They really aint better. Also, the fact they flat screens without the hefty back they do have advantages of where they can be placed. Before I get shot down. Let jus state that for all those buying LCD's for computer screens. That's a brilliant option BUT ONLY for computer's. Reason being is that if you think about it computer pictures are more static and not as fast moving as say a soccer game. Other thing is graphics cards on PC's are so advanced and the monitors are just as aadvanced with most offering incredible resolutions that your TV's can only dream of for now. They have buffer space, run at incredible speeds etc so what you see is virtually real time. On a pc instead of the graphic blurring at most your internet connection wont be fast but highly unlikely. Now compare that to the signal coming via digital satellite or your normal RF and the information throughput is less than what it is on a PC. Hence PC grapics always seem top notch or XBOX or playStation or name your console. Other things if you use a DVD or blue ray system the pics on your LCD/Plasma should be awesome and really good provided refresh rates on your TV are good (4ms or less) but then too it wont be able to beat a CRT but will be better than normal TV. Other thing for those who cant see the distortion, go stand next to the screen and watch carefully. When you further away its like trying to see a needle in a hay stack. I agree with webster if you have to choose LCD or Plasma. Choose LCD. Again I seriously wouldn't choose either for a TV at the moment. Moral or to summarise. Everything is about througput of data when it comes to PC's and TV's. Having a pentium 4 quad core 3Ghz that runs at bus speed of 1666 MHz compared to the same pentium 4 quad core 3.4Ghz that runs at bus speed of 800 MHz is much better. Point is when buying a pc dont look at size look for rthe bus speed and you will see the expensive stuff has huge bus speeds and that will give you the fastest machine. Having a speedy machine and a slow hard drive is pointless. You are only as fast as your slowest link. I.e a p4 4ghz can run at 1ghz!!!!. For TV's you need fastest refresh rates best resolutions best transfer rates for the satellite (DIGITAL TV...think to be here in 2011). So yeah worse thing u cud do is get a screen with a 10ms refresh rate a 1024x768 LCD screen thats like 50 inch and than connect it to your stanadraad aerial. For the PC boys ask yourself this 1024x768 on a 17inch screen looks ***** at time....can you imagine it on a 50 inch. Now still wonder why LCD and PLASMA is *****? Anyways that my 2 cents sorry about the long essay and all the typos. Adios Amigos.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
... the mother of all TV's....Mitsubishi's LaserVue laser television...something to bust your nutts for in next years trading?...you gonna need to be trading sharp as this baby pick up price is $six 'n half gee.....check this beast out on .....http://laser-tv.org/
0 Kudos