Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Vodacom v Telkom

klapka
Super Contributor
I would value forumites views on where VOD might be going. It is down for a fifth day in a row and volumes have been fairly heavy. Since listing day it is down 7%. Interestingly Telkom is up 17% since it unbundled VOD and paid out all the bits and pieces. I remember at that time a plethora of Thought Police saying 'Dump Telkom but stick with Vodacom.'
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
jack12
Super Contributor
If you go back and search previous discussions, the majority felt VOD were the boys. I disagree and believe TKG will always perform better(which they are doing) But VOD is on support so it will go up in the next day or 2 (TKG has just crossed for a sell)
0 Kudos
Pots
Contributor
I too am frustrated by the lack of upward movement. Does anyone think that VOD price is linked to Rand / Pound exchange rate.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jack, problem with the corss the last few times has been share stays range bound maybe off by 1-50 or 2-00 at most but not enought o do anything with it. You can accumilate at bottom for long but shorts are generally useless.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I feel TKG are still undervalued at R40. However nice run up lately it should have profit taking. I feel around R50 is fair value. As for VOD - very cheap at the moment imo, how ever newly listed company limited charts. Think we need couple results and some more time and we should start seeing the R60s, R70s, R75s...
0 Kudos