Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

momemtum portfolio for 2011

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
I think trading or investing depends on the share, take gold shares, you definitely trade no investing, and why cant you trade and invest in the same share ? Its not the one or the other or to label yourself as a TRADER or INVESTOR, you can be both at the same time depending on the current scenario, and scenaries change so strategy change
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I only care about the price today and the div in 20 years. If it drops, buy more. Be happy. The key, then, is to focus on which companies will pay you in 20 years, which means they have to have a good chance of being alive then. Inexact science, but "Plans are nothing. Planning is everything" - Dwight Eisenhower
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
still Price and Time...many ways to get there. The only time you will know whether it was a trade or investment is when you exit...the timeframe is then compared to some predertermined rules of time... eh, I know Simon is waiting to clobber me
0 Kudos