Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

price streamer

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Firstly, as soon as we become aware of a problem with price streamer we place a notice on the home page and then when it is resolved we update the notice.

We are very aware of the importance of this product for traders and we are aware that price streamer has not lived up to expectations in terms of reliability. With this in mind we have been negotiating with the vendor. But this is a process not an event and we have no firm ETA at this stage.

Lastly, jumping around the forum insisting that I reply is useless; I am not on the forum 24/7 as I travel a lot and when in the office also have other things to do.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Preston
Super Contributor
Simon , this was my response to one of the threads. "Contact Richard Seddon , he will action it. Remember Simon Brown is not always in the Office. I am quiet confident that he will address your enquiry."
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Simon how long does it take for these negotiations to take place or is ost bound by a contract on this piece of rubbish, with all due respect this has been going on for over a year and maybe even longer so without being rude this sounds like hogwash, in my view this system has proved to be unreliable so why wait so long to relace it, get rid of it.omo
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Preston, Richard no longer works here.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Replaced with something with TA tools.. Or even just a line tool if thats too much
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
and also with a spell chcek and grammer check...Please, pretty please
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HUH ! is that it ? Well ok ill register gain. You just convinced me, PLS MAN give me a break !!! Same old same old S_H_I_T
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
i agree super tired of holding ruler on the computer screen on intraday charts, my arms are dead at the end of the day.lol
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hennie, i am so proud of you. Keeping expressing those anger.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the other platform I use sms's me immediately when there is a problem with anything pertaining to their system...yes you post something as soon as you see a problem but this "seeing" takes unacceptably long
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
Simon, thank you for the feedback. i do not think it is / should be your responsibility to comment on current / future of this product. What will be encouraging is to see is that SBK OST at least care more re customer complaints and provide a roadmap. It should not take 12-months to communicate your strategic direction wrt your streaming capabilities (at the moment PS is an unstable and amateur little plug-in offering with great potential). As said so many times before - PS is probably the wort software product offering I have ever seen on the Internet. SBK did little over a 12 month period to do anything about this situation. Or at least so it seems. I always appreciate your feedback and am not shooting the messenger. BUT SBK OST is as far as I am concerned one of the weakest suppliers / communicators in the interactive software environment.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The issue is deeper than just nuts and bolts....I find the Standard bank/sfm stance to be ultra defensive....a reluctance to acknowledge the extent of the problem and see it from a customer's perspective....Simon I dont want to have a go at you personally but phrases such as "has not live up to expectations" are I can only imagine part of the bankspeak parlance that has become part of your vocabulary (reluctantly)
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
What I also observe here is that SBK is clearly operating outside their core business environment. This division is probably managed by a banker or investment banker with some IT knowledge. All the components of online share trading is present, but the lack of (strategic) integration speaks volumes of SBK's capacity to offer a mainstream OST platform.
0 Kudos