Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Welcome and get started

Discover your community and let us know what you think

Sign into Online Banking without app

wilprin

I am trying to sign in to online banking as usual, using my username and password. Now they also want me to sign in using the mobile app. I do not have the app installed and do not wish to use it. I am 76 years old and do not want to learn more new technology.

8 REPLIES 8
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @wilprin.

We are grateful that you informed us about this.

We appreciate your comments regarding the app. It sounds like a frustrating experience, for sure.

Please contact our digital team at 0860 123 000, options 3 and 4, for assistance in removing this option.

Kindly inform us if there is anything further we can do to assist.

With regards,

Team Standard Bank

Kit72

I'm in the same situation but overseas just now. How must I fix this glitch without expensive and awkward phone-calls?

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Kit72.

We appreciate you contacting us, and we are available to assist.

As an alternative, you can send us an email at [email protected] with your details so we can help.

We eagerly await your email.

With regards,

Team Standard Bank

Lisa89

Good day

I am experiencing the same issue. I lost my phone, cant install the app on my new phone as its registered with a bank card that expired 10years ago. I have bills to pay, EFTs to make, and I cant access online banking without the app (absolutely ridiculous authentication option). I have to go into a branch or call of which i only am able to do after hours when everything is closed. this is extremely frustrating. Online options should make your life easier not more difficult.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @Lisa89.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

It sounds like your digital profile still picks up the old information, which our team needs to update.

Kindly reach out to our team by calling 0860 123 000, options 3 and 4, to update your digital profile.

Once the card is linked, kindly ensure that you link and secure your device so you can make payments seemlessly.

To link and secure your device, please follow the steps below:

• After logging in,
  • Click more
  • Click on your user ID or name.
  • Click the link and secure your profile.

Once it has been linked, you should be able to use your banking app.

Please let us know once you have reached out to our team.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

cat13

Me too. I can't access the app and now I can't sign into internet banking.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator
Good morning, member.

Thank you for getting in touch.

Please reach out to our digital team at 0860 123 000, options 3 and 4 for assistance.

Regards,
Standard Bank Team