Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Business bank account

Gerritsmit

Hi All,

I have a problem with my new business bank account that the branch cant seem to resolve for me. I changed my business from a sole prop to a Pty Ltd and with it came a new bank account.

Unfortunately i chose Standard Bank, Opeened the account on the 20th and after being reassured by the consultant that all is operational I received a phone call that CIPC has not updated some website the bank use to verify business registrations and as such my account has now been suspended.

Problem is this, I changed all my banking details with my clients and they processed there payments into the new account already.  I moved my working capital from my old account to the new this morning....

I am now sitting with all my April payments and all my capital in an account that cant be accessed. I cant pay my staff, overheads or suppliers and no one can assist.

I have emailed the branch manager with no repsonse to date and just get the generic "We will get back to you" from my business banker.

Any help would be appriciated.

[email protected]