Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

1180 Gold price, Harmony and SA gold miners

Not applicable
We broke below $1200 last week and we are looking to retest the $1179/$1180 previous lows. We are oh-so-close in early morning trade.. touched 1183! Going to be very exciting to watch these levels this week :-)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
kwagga
Super Contributor
Agreed snap. The gold and platinum industry have received a brutal beating. I can't but think that world markets is positioning itself for a major sell off and believe it or not, gold and platinum will offer some value in this bearish environment. Now, watch how this market draws the weak longs in, in a nice retrace before we get a BIG sell off day. Time for fear to evolve into panic.
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
To think that about 6 months ago i was adamantly bullish on gold!!! If anything does come from this though I would hope that their is an increase in efficiency from the mining companies!!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Any retrace will be a shorting opportunity for traders....but based on valuations , fundamentalists are buying.....
0 Kudos
Dr_Phopho
Contributor
Going into the holiday season, gold could see some buying...unless, the strong dollar continues to apply pressure
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Noticed a bounce now now on 1218 - we developing a nice uptrend on Gold futures. Mmmm could this be the triple bottom..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bouncing again! Just to wet the appetite for the weekend -> I am seeing a lovely V Bottom patten that could be forming. Harmony target is 32 and it can go to 32 then 34 (maybe head and shoulders as well) To think 50% off Telkoms V bottom was a lot, here we looking at a whooping 240 to 300% in a month o.O
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oh yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!! Breakout and looks like we have bottomed at 22. . . Gooo Harmony, gooo gold 1250 almost!
0 Kudos
Froot_Loop
New Contributor
Long term fundamentals for gold are still in place despite the testing. Look at the resilience despite the routine large scale dumping of naked shorts on the Comex when the US opens.
0 Kudos
Froot_Loop
New Contributor
Long term fundamentals for gold are still in place despite the testing. Look at the resilience despite the routine large scale dumping of naked shorts on the Comex when the US opens.
0 Kudos