Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AGL

CE
Super Contributor
Quite a interesting intra day. Any thoughts ?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
john_1
Super Contributor
Bouncing on resistance. needs to close above 352
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Looks like a triple top @ 351 in the making....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Yes but since it is a contiuation of a 4 month side trend I dont think the same rules apply. Top of its channel me thinks?
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Yebo...been making higher lows recently so could be interesting if it does close above 352
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
It never broke down below it medium term trend it is looking sweet. Ex div monday might well be a damp squib. I chose to go long with AMS vs AGL I am also long FOS, EXX, I had a trigger on implats wich I did not take DAMB.. still no trigger on SOL or PPC but expect one soon.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Johnster, no traction here by the looks of it....
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Made the close J-man......mmmmm
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Please explain the to me the effect of an ex div. and why some see it as a negative effect on the shareprice.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Bouts once a share goes EX div that value is stripped from the share price and in a pefect world the share should fall by the ex div price. The fact that AGL has not dropped by 550 this morning means in real terms it has infact opened 550 stronger than fridays close even though the price is unchangesd.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Bouts once a share goes EX div that value is stripped from the share price and in a pefect world the share should fall by the ex div price. The fact that AGL has not dropped by 550 this morning means in real terms it has infact opened 550 stronger than fridays close even though the price is unchangesd.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks John, and that is good news right? I see it's done WONDERS for my warrant - according to the matrix the warrant jumped almost 3c!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Exactly as the wareent prices in the div so it is reflecting the "increse in value on the share this morning. Well done.
0 Kudos