Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALSI, What just happened??!?!

Not applicable
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Where do you see consumer confidence announcement?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
CONSUMER confidence plunged during the second quarter of 2008 to a 24-year low, according to the FNB/BER consumer confidence index (CCI) released today. After declining from +22 to +12 during the first quarter of 2008, CCI dropped by a further 18 index points to -6 during the second quarter of 2008. According to Cees Bruggemans, chief economist at First National Bank (FNB), and Stellenbosch University's Bureau for Economic Research (BER) that compiles the index, this constituted "the largest fall between consecutive quarters in 24 years."
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That was earlier though...cant be such a delayed reaction.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Its Institutional.....baskets.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Coal prices plunge in market correction........try this for size Roman......AGL,BIL tanked big time......http://africa.reuters.com/business/news/usnBAN250826.html
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Yes, that makes more sense
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Watched a program on History channel about the Mary Celeste. They speculate the crew abandoned ship because of an earthquake at sea causing them to think the ship was going to sink. Reminds me a lot of the JSE at the moment.
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
This lack of consumer confidence...how will this be reversed? Do u think that it is possible?
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
I have been trying to warn you guys for a long time now.war is coming, see articles at www.gold-eagle.com, tech analysis section,also rense.com
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Glo jy werklik alles wat jy lees?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Org, you are such a moron. I seem to remember you thinking it a good idea to go short in August/September last year, when the JSE Overall was at around 28500 - what happened? It went all the way to over 33000 - that's almost 20% ... I really wish that you would finally burn your account out so that this forum could be free of your inane comments.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
unlikely before an american election.
0 Kudos