Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ALSI

Preston
Super Contributor
I think i will short the ALSI for about 1000 pts todays. Any views?
0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
You've got to be kidding. I don't tradr the ALSI but if anything a slight move up.In my opinion yesterday's move was overdone
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Is it Friday already? Good Joke!
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
why not short the alsi? did it come back at support? what is the definition of "over done"?
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
Did you?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Not yet, i am waiting for a gain of another 552pts.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Just because someone shouted "Boo" everyone panicked and ran for cover, the way the market came back today proves my point that it was overdone.That is not to say that I don't think the market can loose 1000 points or more in the short to medium term,if fact I think it will move down before the next push up.The BRIC countries(without the S) will see to it that it does go up.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Are you shorting upside down?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We are sitting in what Chartist terms the ambush zone, which I think is a good name for it. We are almost at the 50% retracement level from March highs, and if you trace a line connecting the tops, we are touching the resistance line - and Monday was sitting almost at the 61% retracement level (or whatever the % is that fib fans place importance on) from yearly lows. So we are either at the top of a pullback, or pushing through. Difficult to make a call now, as all who were caught on the wrong side of Monday's action will be looking to get out now. I personally, am in day trade mode only at the moment. I have gone fishing on my leveraged holdings - having cashed out of BHP this morning - leaving me completely unleveraged.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I am starting to get an evil "shortening smile".
0 Kudos
Not applicable
be a good chap and tell us where you are placing your stops at will you? So I know when to take profit (lol)
0 Kudos
RisseN
Contributor
haha, Preston you are one funny chap. Oops,...or are you serious.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Guys, any consensus on shorting the ALSI today?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I shorted this morning but closed out for 140 points.I am now watching my leading market sp500 futeres at a important level for me now.If it breaks up or down i think alsi would folow.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Preston, was it your threat of the 1 000 point short that caused the wobble?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
lol I hope not .
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
It has always been much easier to make money by getting people to pay for your superior knowledge or supposed secret method. However, it is nonsense to believe such fountains of knowledge have any success of any significance. If they were really as good at making money as they claim, why would they try so desperately for contributions??? They try every trick in the book and then some. They even send messages to themselves to create an image out of thin air.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Give thy thoughts no tongue.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
ALSI will trade so that there is no day trade. Only winners will be brokers. It will do this for the next 15.23 years. I suggest you take up writing. How about children's stories? eh. Good idea, what? Off you go now, bye...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
haha, Fredsed you are one funny chap. Oops,...or are you serious.
0 Kudos