Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ANG compared to other gold stocks?

jln
Contributor
why is ang not doing as well as gfi and har?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
john_1
Super Contributor
Since when have GFI and Harmony been doing any better.... Just Kidding but the key diffrence is ang has a big fat hedge book.
0 Kudos
jln
Contributor
Sorry if it is a stupid question,but what is a hedge book?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
It a book made from recycled paper.. Mines sell their products at a fixed price, somtimes this works in there favour but the gold price is much higher than they anticipated so they are selling part of the gold at well below market value.
0 Kudos
jln
Contributor
Where can i get info like this ...allways seems to pick the wrong horse on a good day!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
May I sugest Pumella if you like the horse ( again that was meant as a joke)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Dude nobody is talking about so I will China is going nuts for resouces just put your cash into anglo's. yes it at 420 but it will be at 600 in 2 years time. Only my oppinion but if I am right i expect a 20% commision on any profits made.
0 Kudos
jln
Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
that ANGLO AMERICAN not the poor cousin who mines gold
0 Kudos
jln
Contributor
Got that.Played a call warrant on ang yesterday and got out today.ANG was not performing like GFI and Har.Dumb decision?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hi John I hold shares in Phumelela. Unlike the Grape Packaging company which has no buyers but may sellers ,Phumelela has the many buyer and few seller....Hopefully we can push up the price ...(demand vs supply) (LOL)
0 Kudos