Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ASX

Not applicable
I am looking for a platform to trade the Aussie market form open to close. Any ideas? In particular, I am looking for a platform that tracks the actual index, not some implied index level as some platforms do. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
john_1
Super Contributor
Insomnia?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nope. Automated quant model.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
lol john
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Does it not work on the JSE?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It does, but the success rate is much more significant for the ASX. I would be happy to trade the Hang Seng also on this platform (if it exists)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Why..what does the ASX have that the JSE does not have?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
comsec is the largest by a mile .. then etrade AUS
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The ASX (All Ords and ASX200) price moves are different to the Top40 or ALSI. That's the only difference between the JSE and ASX.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am also interested in John's question, why not the JSE. My personal observation is that the bid/ask ratio on the JSE relative to the average true range (daily trading ranges) seems higher than the bid/ask on the FTSE or other stock exchanges, which would make the JSE more expensive to trade. Don't have enough data to verify this though
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The ASX (All ords) is a completely different beast to the JSE (ALSI). You can think of it as comparing FINI with RESI. Different prices, different spreads, different indices. The exchange/location does not determine the strategy, the underlying asset does.
0 Kudos