Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

And the biggest fat cat is

SKALA
Super Contributor
Ja, the fat boy. But now that his lies have also been exposed and the prez is openly backing him (what a surpise) he just brushes it off. Is this truely the future reality that awaits us?? Yes it is. What can we do about it? Make noise and keep on naming them in public.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Blik
Super Contributor
Just finished reading John Pilgers book, A Secret Country; a history or Australia that doesnt hold back. It seems that their politics has been as corrupt and "matey" as ours is currently. Made me feel a bit better about living here. A good read.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Good for you Blik, but comparing me to an Aussie, I could find that very insulting. With their history of "deported criminals", even though it was by the #@^%$&& Brits, makes you think why they should show a corrupt nature; in the genes?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Reading commentary on some of the international market news sites and from my travel experiences, it seems that this sort of corruption is prevalent everywhere. It's just called corruption when it pertains to the third world. The developed world calls it bailouts, TARP, etc.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
HG, you may be correct; maar dit beteken nie ons moet die situasie gelate aanvaar nie. Dis nie my standaard nie en dus nie vir my aanvaarbaar nie. As ons maar net 'n paar "prominente teiken" voorbeelde van kon maak om die res af te skrik, sal dit baie help.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Man, if we could scare off Bernanke, it would help!
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Arrange for Mallema to be his understudy or advisor.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
True that HG, hence the recent grassroots formation of the Tea Party movement in the US with the slogan "You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out!! Unfortunately, we can't... http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100204/ts_csm/275402
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
At least when WWIII starts, SA will be too lethargic to join in. We can claim poverty, lack of capacity, require donor aid, etc. Just eat our pap and wait it out.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
If you cant vote it out - beat it out. The Greeks seem to be doing that quite well this morning...LOL. SKALA, I would never compare any SAFFA to an Aussie...that's just downright degrading.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Ja swaer, only in Africa of hoe?
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Arm, Armer, Moer-arm Ons was moer-arm. Agt kinders. Daai tyd was ek in Std 2 en moes ons van daai glas bottelkies gom met die rooi proppie en rooi kwassie hê vir skool. My Ma het amper flou geval toe ek haar vra vir gom. "Waar dink hulle moet ons die geld vandaan kry?" Maar natuurlik - Boere maak 'n plan. En Ma was nie stupid nie. Sy kon tot gom maak. Ruk daar flour uit, gooi suiker by en kook die spul op die stoof. Ek staan eenkant, baie impressed met my slim Ma. Laat dit toe effens afkoel en sit dit in 'n ou NCR Yeast Blikkie wat so bietjie verblyk was. Ek was die enigste kind met 'n Yeast Blikkie op my tafel. Al die ander kinders het die regte bottelkies gom gehad. Ek het nie baie omgegee nie, want my gom was baie beter as hulle sin en het geplak soos Superglue nie kan plak nie! So drie weke later, terwyl die biesies buite bewe van die hitte, sit ons klas in doodse stilte, besig met eksamen. *****kit mense, een moerse ontploffing ruk die hele skool tot aandag. Daar trek my donnerse blikkie se deksel en hy agterna tot teenaan die sielieng. Dis net gom wat neerkom op ons soos 'n donnerstorm! Alles is wit. En dit stink ongelooflik - suurhol se moses! Ek't nog nooit iets in my hele lewe geruik wat so gestink het nie. Die Juffrou se brille is vol gom. Haar hare spierwit. Dit drup van haar af asof sy in 'n shower staan. Tot in haar kliewitch by haar tieties. Ek kon nie glo dat sy soos 'n beeld lyk nie. Oral waar ek kyk in die klas is almal faaktap van die gom. Almal is wit en gil van die skrik. Ons boeke is faaktap. Ons klere is faaktap. Ons stink faaktap. Juffrou wip toe haar gat en jaag ons almal uit en sê ons kan maar huis toe gaan. Van die kinders wat bus gery het se gom het goed drooggeword van al die gewag. Ek was woedend toe ek by die huis kom. My Ma het gedink dis 'n moerse grap en het haar dinges amper geskeur van die lag toe sy my sien EN ruik. Die klaskamer moes uitgeverf word om van die suurholreuk ontslae te raak,maar ons kon dit nog vir weke dwarsdeur daai PVA ruik. Ek was glad nie gewild nie. Niemand wou eers meer met my speel nie... Dis nou wat gebeur as jy Moer-arm is!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
'n Man wat in 'n verkeersknoop vassit hoor 'n klop teen sy ruit. Hy draai die ruit en vra wat die ou wil hê. Die man antwoord: "Die president van ons jeugliga is ontvoer en die ontvoerders eis 'n losprys van $5 Miljoen of hulle gaan petrol oor hom gooi en aan die brand steek. Wil jy iets bydra?" Die ou in die kar vra: "Wat dra die mense gemiddeld by?" Die ander ou antwoord "So om en by 5 liters!"
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Moral question: Here's a difficult one. This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally. The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision. THE SITUATION Johannesburg has seen its worst storm in living memory. There is chaos all around with severe flooding. You are a photo-journalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot career-making photos. There are houses and people disappearing into the water. Nature is unleashing all its destructive fury. THE TEST Suddenly, you see a man in the water. He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken down with the debris. You move closer... somehow, the man looks familiar... You suddenly realise who it is... It's Julius Malema! You notice that the raging waters are about to take him under forever. You have two options: 1st you can save the life of Julius Malema or 2nd you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize-winning photo, documenting the death of one of the ANC's most powerful men! THE QUESTION Here's the question, and please give an honest answer. . . Would you select high contrast colour film, or would you go with a more classic black and white film?
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I suppose Kevin Carter had to deal with issues like that. He was a wonderful photographer....I think I would go with the black and white though.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
its a trick question...nobody uses celuloid film anymore.. its all digital these days
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
TOPGUN, JOU BLIKSEM!! Why black and white ofcourse; I am a racist afterall??
0 Kudos