Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Another good source of infomation ..

Not applicable
It is part of my homework to scour the internet for useful information I can use in my investment portfolio. And this works well. However if I may say so some of the best information comes from reading hard copy. The Newspapers. Here is something I found that was useful to me and I quote from Business Times .. "Shipping rates are soaring because the world is running out of vessels with which to transport & satisfy the extraordinary demand for fuel grain and metals-. The "Baltic exchange dry cargo index" - a measurer of trade in commodities as diverse as iron ore , coal , grain, sugar and cement - reached a record high of 6230 points on Friday as the market responded to the shortage of vessels by propelling shipping costs to record levels."
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
YNWA
Super Contributor
Up amigo, go to site for an article on the Baltic Rate, old but very good.......http://www.slate.com/id/2090303/....& then to......http://www.investmenttools.com/futures/bdi_baltic_dry_index.htm....for the different charts in relation to different resources. Adios.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
thanks Up ,did not know that,certainly will act upon it soon by buying GRINROD with more confidence.Still one of SIMONS PB favourites(I think !)
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
U just changed my mind anout waiting,have put in a buy order to start accumulating!Thanks.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
go to www.tradewinds.no to find comprehensive information on the shipping world. News etc... Dry bulk on th up but Tankers not performing... Careful with GRD. If i am not mistaken the majority of their fleet is tanker based.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks YNWA , i bookmark thoes ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
do you see what GRINDROD is doing today! amazing!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
do you see what GRINDROD is doing today!
0 Kudos