Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any comments please?

mehroon
Frequent Contributor
At this point in time I want to put all my money into PAM. Would that be a good gamble or good investment?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
Though I'm sure Pam is lovely, the question you should be asking yourself is: "Why would I put all my money in to just one". Rather diversify and buy many many ho's, if that's your thing.
0 Kudos
mehroon
Frequent Contributor
That's super advice super. I am grateful. But I am influenced by the fact that IMP and PAM both have similar EPS. Which seems to indicate that either IMP ir grossly over-priced or PAM grossly under-rated.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Both PAM and IMP are very well valued based on estimated future price/earnings. But metal prices are continuing to decline rapidly, so the estimates may need to be revised. Not only is there the threat of reduced earnings, there is always the possibility that the company will go bankrupt - think of Saambou. If you don't have enough money to buy a diverse basket of shares, then rather buy an index fund like Satrix Top 40.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Sal used to be my favourite.Alas,not as attractive any more.
0 Kudos
mehroon
Frequent Contributor
Your comments are very useful Timato. Good that you remind me of Saambou. Greed makes one do desperate things.
0 Kudos
mehroon
Frequent Contributor
Russ also has made a significant contribution to this thread. Thanks Russ.
0 Kudos
mehroon
Frequent Contributor
I must confess that I did sell some of my ABT's at a loss to buy PAM. Now at this moment there is a buyer for the remainder of my holding of ABT. I would have done so to buy PAM. But I have changed my mind after reading your responses forumites.
0 Kudos