Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Any thoughts on going Short on Absa in the next day or so

HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
I am contemplating going short on Absa. Just an observation at this time, that the share seems to be trading on a range. Any opinions as to whether this is a potential short term short trade?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
wait for index short confirmation which should come next week some time...everything depends on what happens at Jackson hole...this will be resolved on the weekend...you poeped yourself last time you were holding a short...make it a good one this time
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I took advantage of getting into ASA at 136 after the "bad news" as I felt the market over reacted (as usual), and see it edging higher , maybe to 148 in the next 6 months so not one I'd short.
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
HP - why don't you post under "share discussion" when posting on a specific share? The topic you raise has a direct bearing on ASA and the opinions which followed leaves a track which is not "general" in nature.
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
I attempted to do this when I started the thread, but for some reason I do not get a listing of shares, only the one share is listed at a time when I attempt to post under a specific share.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I have the same problem, wanted to post under SHP and all I get is SAB. Is OST coming apart at the seams?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Agreed. One way to get around this block is to click on the share code (from your portfolio or your watchlist) and then select the link to Share forum. However, this craft is not what we should be busy with - we expect seemless access to whatever the platform offers. At this time the display of a sector of shares also does not show the graphics for the day's trade.
0 Kudos