Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BANKS?

theyoungster
Super Contributor
will banks bleed again today??
0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
delli
Contributor
I am bleedinGGGG!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if a .5% increase is killing the banks, i dont wan to think what a 1% would have done ..... this is crazy ... how long till the banks turn ?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
ja asa down almost 10% in 2 days dont make any sense.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
1% would equal bear sterns...ouch wen will our banks reach there lows and rally up again? next week?? had some puts on Asa so glad for that:->
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
I dont it's so much the fact that it was 0.5% or 1%... basically just signals that we're not certain that we're at the top of the rates cycle as everyone had predicted a while back. It's more the uncertainty of future hikes that's putting pressure on the banks.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Youngster,,i do not think that TAWANA RESOURCES NL will bleed today...Since when it that a bank and is classified as resource
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
THANKX preston i know that
0 Kudos
Not applicable
we might see the banks turn thia afternoon... the stocks look too cheap
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Just watch though. the 0.5% seems small and innocent but at this juncture it'll increase banks bad debts by 10% - 20% a pop. Remember these latest 0.5% have a far greater impact on consumers than the first 4 had.
Put another way, with this latest hike you probably need another 3 or so for some banks to wipe their bottom line completely.....
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Ja but its up 20% over last 3 weeks!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
that doesnt sound good
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
any ideas about SBK, Go short on monday?? with dowjones down 200 down and the recent rate hike. it surely cant rise?? anyone have any other viewes??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
are these bloody banks ever gona turn again....its like the floor has fallen away ..... red and dead
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
not just yet im afraid, but when they do, make sure youre on board cause they have a lot of catching up to do.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah i agree.. banks wont rise now..give it a couple of days or a week maybe..US markets in for a rough ride this week...and its gonna spill over into our markets..so hang on..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks for your comments guys .... my portfolio just not looking too good now ...reddddddd
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
I'm in ASA and suffering with everyone. My hope lies in the fact that my TA of the US is still positive and I believe that there is a good chance they will rally into their options ex at the end of the week. They are at critical support at present and if they close below Friday's close today then I think we are in trouble. I would like to see them gap down at the open and close above Friday. If they don't I will take my loss and move on.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
I'm in ASA and suffering with everyone. My hope lies in the fact that my TA of the US is still positive and I believe that there is a good chance they will rally into their options ex at the end of the week. They are at critical support at present and if they close below Friday's close today then I think we are in trouble. I would like to see them gap down at the open and close above Friday. If they don't I will take my loss and move on. PS the banks are mega oversold and due for a bounce time will tell.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hi Venice .... looks like we will have some reason to smile soon ... ASA on the move again .... hold thumbs that it continues to move higher
0 Kudos