Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

BLACK GOLD

Not applicable
What is the best way to invest in OIL? and does anybody feel that this is a good bet bearing in mind that we have limited OIL resources coupled with the fact that there is currently huge underinvestment in new oil fields?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
barry_1
Super Contributor
I always thought that COAL was black gold,anyways i guess oil can be as well as they are from the same source!....In America a while ago,about two thirds of the wells were shut down,if i remember correctly,as they could not be tapped at a profit with the present oil price....Exploration companies in oil are a risky business and it takes years to see a return,there are so many better companies out there that will show a profit faster and no the world is NOT running out of oil anytime soon.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Hi Barry. Do you reckon that there will come a time when the supply/demand of oil gets so out of proportion that it seriously starts to effect the economic/political landscape? Or will we be able to progressively move to alternatives before then?
0 Kudos