Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bad Day for me

barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi Simon, please is there a phone number that u can give me where i can phone,before i set a stop-loss on an installment? Got it all wrong this morning on AGLSTA and taken out in a couple of hours.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
barry_1
Super Contributor
its the price of the installment at that moment ,i wish to set the stop-loss that i'm seeking.thanks.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
what the price should be that is.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
for the issuer? 011 378 7143 or 0800 111 780
0 Kudos
Enzed
Frequent Contributor
Because the price is based on the underlying and because the latest installment price does not reflect until there has been a sale of the installment you cannot set stop losses on the system for installments.If you do you will come horribly short.You have to monitor the underlying price manually and then make your sell decision on the installment.The reflected installment price on the system does not automatically tick up or down in accordance with the price of the underlying.......er I think !
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the instalment price on the market DOES tick up/down in line with the underlying asset, BUT a stop loss is only triggered on a trade.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
! Thanks Simon!Enzed u are right,but i thought by contacting the issuer he would be able to tell me what the installment price was at that very moment,although i now wonder if that theory would hold as when trading finishes at five pm the right installment price is usually only put in by 9pm or later!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
instalments only trade from 9.10am until 4.50pm
0 Kudos