Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bank shares falling

hs
Regular Contributor
Why are bank shares falling
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Wizard
Super Contributor
That's a mystery question isn't it.How can the banks be falling in a world surrounded with credit defaults!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Wizard,still holding asadbv?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i think they are under a lot of pressure. they cannot be falling without a reason. banks are the first to know if there is a problem.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Banks under pressure for past 12 months. Maybe there is more writedowns coming soon.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Excellent buying opportunity for long term.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Their falling because of the bad subprime issue of which our banks werent exposed, so ya i think their just following overseas banking sector, and yes Preston you may be right, long term could offer good value at current prices.omo
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
The only share with NO sub-prime,or subsidiary of an insurance company,or lost capital through a stupid share dealOR TAKEN OVER BY A FOREIGN SOURCE is STANDARD.THE CHINESE DEAL promises great things for the future.NOW IS THEIR TIME....Their spring gets wound tighter and tighter as the price drops.this must soon explode in an upward spiral!...Only my honest opinion(OMHO)
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
No. ASASBR. IF everything goes according to plan good profits will be made next week and the week after then it will be time to go long.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Why is not important that they are is. John Maynard Keynes said "The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent". So they are falling because they are no reason other than sentiment needed. Although fundimentals support decreased prices i.e sub prime exposure, NCA ect. Are you long these shares? if so your question makes sense otherwise wait, bargains will be had no doubt.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
if addressed to me,i'm not long.
0 Kudos