Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Beginner having Trouble

sharepicker
Occasional Contributor
Buy a R10 mirror - this will help you see your backside easier, than come back into the market in the year 2011
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
One should learn to crawl first....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
striker...she is not my ex but I am sure she is someone's maybe even a few people's ...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
victorc, but tthat's the point. Just because somebody calls it a blue chip doesn't make it a blue chip.
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
SOL - Credit Suisse raised recommendation....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I hear you Simon, and hindsight is always 20/20, but Enron was considered a blue chip in 2000. It was in the top 50 companies of the world as measured by market capitalization BEFORE the fraud stories came out. We all know what happened afterwards and tried to dis-associate it from the idea of being a blue chip. But back in 2000 it was still: "one of the world's leading electricity, natural gas, pulp and paper, and communications companies, with claimed revenues of $111 billion in 2000" according to Wikipedia.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
victorc, none of that made it a blue chip. It was not by classic defination a blue chip.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm curious as to your definition, as there seems to be several varying guidelines and no firm definitions on the internet...
0 Kudos
roxn43
New Contributor
hi dere remembe there is a huge difference between a trader and an invester the market is very voletile and for example who you have thought we would see green light in financial? 40k is a lot to right off wait and maybe August will come with good news for you DONT PANIC! you are really not alone
0 Kudos