Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Billiton News.

Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Nice upward movement in Syndey last few days on positive reports. UBS Warburg ups their target price on BHP in Sydney from $45 to $52 and on RIO from $128 from $118 on the back of higher iron ore and copper price assumptions. BHP earnings up 6% and 10%. RIO earnings up 10% and 12%.
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
CHINA'S NON-FERROUS industry continues its rapid growth, and the next five years will boom for the non-ferrous metals industry. There will be even more momentum in production capacity, and 2008-2009 will witness a new peak period in the expansion of the smelting industry. The estimated output of 10 of China's non-ferrous metals companies will be growing at more than 10% per annum through 2007-2010, and by the year 2010, the annual output will exceed 30 million tons. (Forbes.com, Oct 10)
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Just love convincing myself that we are going for a new record today. Atlantis project in Mexico came on line yesturday, JV with BP 1.2 MILL BARRELS A DAY
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
I see that Morgan Stanley has just raised their price target for BIL. Buy on weaknesss boys and girls. This is like clubbing seals. Only without the guilt.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Where's the weakness then Mr D, and possible entry points?
0 Kudos
Conrad_1
Contributor
What did they raise it to?
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
I wouldn't know. Buying at weakness depends on whether you can weather further weakness, should it come. I'm not a fortune teller, like some appear to be on this forum, dangling fibs and support/resistance rubbish. Go with the trend. If the trend is up, then take opportunities to buy when the price is down, but still remains in the upward trend. If it doesn't work out and the general trend turns, then get out quickly.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Ah - something of a KISS fan too. The trend can be our friend :)
Cheers
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
More of an Alice Cooper and ACDC fan. It's a long way to the top... of BHP.
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
don't know. It was on one of the news sites this morning, but I can't find the link. Morgan Stanley increased their price target, however, Citigroup lowered theirs. But Citi's is probably more sinister, because they openly stated that they've already taken profits on BHP and are waiting for another entry point. Sounds like they're trying to talk it down to get back in. Buggers.
0 Kudos
Conrad_1
Contributor
Shot! thanx Dimitrius
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Looks like a new support level at 250 then, two weeks ago i was happy to clear 220.At this rate 300 by end November.
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
As long as you stay with the trend, then you shouldn't have to worry whether it finds support at 250 or not. Just follow the path of least resistance.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
short term 300 medium term 330 long term 500= 2 years. trending, easy game mate.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
BHP BILLITON led key stock market indices to fresh record highs while itself closing at a new all-time high. Overseas buying support for BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto on expectations of solid earnings growth fuelled by expected hikes in iron ore and coal prices pushed both stocks to fresh record levels. BHP Billiton ended up 30 Australian cents or 0.7 percent at a record close of 46.50 dollars, while Rio Tinto rose 1.51 dollars or 1.4 percent to a record close of 113.21 dollars. (CNN Money, Oct 15)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Project Manager / Simon , Can anyone advise where I can find and track overnight BHP trades in order to establish Bil's JSE pre opening value???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I use www.thestreet.com (free) - you can get a delayed quote on bil there from the NYSE - I think the stock code is BHP on NYSE. This is a nice site for seeing the Dow chart as well.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Or www.marketwatch.com Code for BIL on the NYSE is BHP.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
The sharecode is BBL.
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
Rota, you can go to bigcharts.com, or you can go to advfn.com and register with them for free. ADVFN is great because it automatically updates the chart for you if you want to track it during the evening. You'll be looking for BHP on the NYSE. But if you're not interested in tracking it, then use bigcharts.
0 Kudos