Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Buffet said short on the 11th january

john_1
Super Contributor
just would like to remind you, about one short sick buffet that said sell on the 11th Jan..
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an 9 days later the US markets ahve hit 15 month highs ?? so timing was dodge an err maybe jes wrong ??
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
you were not here. I had a dream about buffet, and when he stood up he was 2 feet talk then fell down in a foaming heap.. next day..the 12th ..I posted here to go short our market.. 1000 points to the good.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Wish I could have wet dreams like that . . .
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Lol.. ya dreaming of baffon is a real turn on...
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Wow John - I didn't see that post - quite a vision. Lol. Let us know when he rises from the ashes again see!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So what is the geustimate for today - down 2%, unchanged or minor recovery? Can't make up my mind but think we will end down like the rest of the world!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
well officially if we end down today..bull is dead.. TA weekly close below uptrend support.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Gap close probabilities John?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MY rusty and cloudy crystal is saying edging to a no close day, more wekness but should hold at 23800 to 24000, but like I said this weird cloudy mist inside is not good to see through... I am mostly cash on the side for the moment ;-)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
saash. not sure.. we are holding and so that says yes..gap close, but there is a lack of pannic on this forum, usually a good indicator to me that the gap will close..(high emotions)//experience says yes.. but with such a key tA reason to sell any stength might be seen as an opp by bulls to bail...I expect an attempt to close but would guess it will fail
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Some very unwilling predictions going on here! Come, predictors - now is when the flock needs you :)
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
I sold all my winning Commodities except MVL today. Banking profit or panic? We'll let my psychologist decide...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
FTSE100 showed signs of recovery last night but tanked as the DOW opened, i reckon ALSH green by monday pm, went long ANG(closed green yesterday), but i'm probably wrong...
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
When the Dow was 9500 back in 04'05'... Buffett said that nobody should buy. He was right...but missed his estimate by 3-4 years!!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
well saash looks like the market says gap close
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I wonder if a 50% retracement is pushing it a bit.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
The US futures still shows a little potential for it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Unfortunately my down 2% seems to be realising!
0 Kudos