Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Catch 22?

Not applicable
Here's the thing. If stocks in the US and around the world are rising on hopes of a rate cut, surely good ecenomic news out of the states increases the possibility that Ben and the Fed stop cutting. The result: global meltdown of note as the Dow throws its toys. Either way, it looks to me like the markets are skrewed in the short term. Not so?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
asylum
Super Contributor
im too confused to make any sense of it im just going wirh the flow.
0 Kudos
Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
In my opinion (for what it's worth) the trend worldwide is DOWN and it is human nature to try find any excuse to pretend or rather hope that it has bottomed out but there are still way to many issues to sort out before we make a real upward comeback..!locally and worldwide OMHO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
INTTHEMONEY
Contributor
go to summit.co.za on the left is videos click on clive roffey go to the first clip of the year he says everything that happened over the last 2 years reverse then go for gold gold gold in a market that has no direction this nis the way cheap gold warrants on expiry dates of august and september look good
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have been playing with gold shares. But the physical stuff or ETF is where the money is. The problem with mines in RSA is that there is no power to take the gold out of the ground. I'm talking not only about energy power, but will power, political power and any other power that might be required.
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
Roffey has been pushing gold for the last 400 years.Find some of his free articles at gold-eagle.com, tech analysis section.Yes the main trend is still down, with sharp rallies inbetween, remember we had a long bull market.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
MEEOOWW! I agree - Roffey has been punting gold for 400 years. I don't care if the FED Cuts by 25/50/75 points, the underlying problem will not go away! All the big US corps are selling their souls to foreign money - the OPEC barons and the chinese are sitting on Trillions of Dollar profits so they have to try and prop up the dollar. They are going to buy America from under them! Also, what about rise on expectation, fall on fact?
0 Kudos