Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Crunch time for the FTSE and the DOW

Brazen
Super Contributor
And the DOW is flying, which is why I don't listen to my gut. And which is why DC's gonna probably be doing doggy paddle in Chartist's pool. All's well that ends well. Drinks time!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Brazen..i am am unconvinced by the dow rally.....we are up now but if I were a betting man I would say we end lower and gap down significantly on the Top 40...but I am not so I wont
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ja we just plunged 30 pts in a matter of secs....thats not good...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We had a 61.8 retrace now on the DOW... lets see from here
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
the butt plug or the gap down?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
what are you doing this morning, are you long he gap.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
we r hovering between todays and yesterdays gap ... which one first ?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
both have been closed if you veiw closure as the low/high of the day
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
The backtesting I've done shows that in time, gaps close to the open of the day.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Spot on C. You've got the bet, and I've got the gut, let's make lots of money. . . Yes, I know it's paraphrasing the Pet Shop Boys, don't get all excited.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Weeeeeeeee ,i stepped into the twilight zone?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
So what does your back testing tell you about which of the 2 gaps to trade? 60% of all gaps close to the MtM price but a much higher number close to the high/low..and when trading with real money knowing it might close in 3 days time is not good enough unless you have a large fortune that you are trying to convert into a smaller one.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey B! I thought all you had was a double bottom now you tell us you have a gut as well. Time for the gym me thinks...Would you like to borrow some Lycra, I seen the photo's, Chartist has a wardrobe full.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I think what C has is actually spandex.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
What do say in responce to that.. I must be losing my wit because I can't think of single decent comeback to that.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
What interests me is the amount of time you're spending in C's closet. Isn't it time to come out of there?
0 Kudos