Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Day Traders - Tips and Tricks

Not applicable
What are the tips and tricks that the day traders use? Entry and Exit Strategies...? Making a decision whether to change to day trading.... Help!
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Not applicable
if I told you I would have to kill you...
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Please tell him , but before you kill him i want to speak to him..:-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ha ha ha, I'm really serious. Knowledge is life, share it and live. Is there anyone that is making an honest living from this? Please share your story. Chartist, you can email me the tips and tricks if public knowledge is an issue. I am really serious. Please.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what do you call an honest living? trading is the most honest enterprise you can ever undertake.....
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
The following might come as a surprise -> Buy low, sell high, like the rules of the road keep left, pass right, and ensure you do all of this with the correct gearing.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Mate,i`ll save you tomorrow,promise.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Boet, like a thief - in and out and don't get caught.
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
I am also very interested in this subject and look around and am also trying to learn these vehicles of investment and after two years it seems to me that one must have a way of looking at a host of information and data in real time and act accordingly.Here Dstv media print and the internet comes in very handy.My problem so far has been the cost of buying and selling. Some more ideas will be good and there is no reason to shoot the messenger.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Michael R are you buying and selling shares or derivatives????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
www.investopedia.com has scores of pieces of advice and tips.
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
buy low...sell high is the best tip
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
read the Elder book - Come into my Trading Room.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Mate, big rule, never buy on the open, wait for the get go say around 09-30ish have some breka,etc, have another look, apply ones head, start tradin.Good luck is needed.Never look back.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
remeber u trading the thoughts of the investment community- all business looks fundamentaly good as they are making a profit so keep your ears open- buy low sell high- find shares that you are in sync with watch them for a while then start slow look for entry points and exit points - dont let greed rule make a decisiion as to your taget profit and stick to it??
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
and RULE #1 ALWAYS ASSUME YOURE BEING MIS--LEAD.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Both, but the shares are long term hence their static state. Derivatives on the other hand, these i've been burnt from the lack of knowledge. This is what i'd like to master.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I've heard of Buy low and sell high, the thing i wanna know is when is low and when is high....or is it a guesstimate? Thanks for your advice though...it will come in handy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eish, didn't realise you were talking to Mic R...my apologies.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just googled it, will definately buy it. From the reviews it sound like the Trading "Bible". I'd rather invest in education then take more losses. Thanks Man!!!!
0 Kudos