Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dead Cat Bounce !

barry_1
Super Contributor
As to what it is,its said if a dead cat is thrown from a tall building it will bounce on hitting the ground!Yesterday the all share index fell 3%.Now if today the index does not recover the same amount its definitely a dead cat bounce.Recovery under these circumstances is to some extent caused by short covering,then fools rushing in thinking the bottom has been reached....What type of person would thow a dead cat u may ask?Well some one declared as normal as the rest of us traders,yes as we all have the inklings of first stage insanity,otherwise we would choose some other form of activity!By the way the BEARS that short cover perform a service to us as if they were not there the market would fall further and faster,probably wiping out most of us in the process!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable
whoever threw the cat, please tell me you fed it lotsa beans before you threw it
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes - those Mexican jumping beans!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
was out for 3 hours, but i was checking the all share on my cell (delayed) shocking. certainly hope its gonna bounce from here. just how low can it go????? almost 6% in 2 days???
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
We will see a bounce tues or wed but don't be tempted in too soon. There is a lot of US data out this week I think any bad news will will unsettle the markets again. Dead cats do bounce
0 Kudos