Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Doomsday

Russ
Super Contributor
No good news,headed straight for the wall,depression,coming jobs war,severe contractions,Great Depression 2,global financial meltdown,poverty,social and political instability,etc.Are these the rantings of some crackpot on the street corner?No,these are themes in several Moneyweb articles today from respected writers and economists.Is the end nigh?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
see my post earlier today on when should bearishness end. Helps to view things in perspective - at the end of hte day, price action does not lie
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an you know the rule, when everybody is bearish .. time to buy ..
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Fair enough,but I'm stocking my bunker with tinned foods,just in case.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
surey you got tins left over from ast time the world didn't end ??
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
No,was down there a long time before it was safe to come out.Would have starved if the world had taken any longer not to end.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
just how many tins are we talking about? because I am looking to take out a KAP position - you a bully beef fan at all? (In which case, what is your preferred dellibelli treatment, as I am also looking to stock up on Cipla)
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
It works like this: gold is the messenger - and no wonder everyone wants to shoot it down, because the message is one that no one wants to hear, not even the otherwise deaf gold bugs. Gold cannot fix anything. Gold lies dormant and is essentially without a job to do - whilst the financial world functions in any reasonably acceptable manner. But when it comes up, it arises straight out of financial hell. That is the message for the dawn of this currently corrupt millenium. Comprende? Now go figure what is in store.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- Who am I to argue for or against the case for Gold ? Bought GLD some months back at R95.00 - I'll ride it for as long as the world remains in turmoil. It's worked for me.
0 Kudos