Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Dow hits 52 weeks high

Not applicable
gap not even 50% closed - ALSI gap not even close (and if I recall correctly - that is the real gap that we always used to trade?). I made two long entries - 590 stopped out, 520 doing just fine thank you. How you like dem apples? P.S. is this another BIL debate?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
skapie skapie get your facts right please...we opened around 30600 which was totally exxpected...we closed 30445 yesterday..we got to about 30468..the gap is effectively closed..one always sets the target slightly above the gap close...so within 20 pts is effectively closed....lets just get the simple facts straight?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ah, markie markie - we have been gap trading the ALSI since 2008 - you included. The gap was always (and in my book, still is) measured on the ALSI - not the futures maket closeout price. But each to their own.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
encourage disgreement and different views .. hmmm
0 Kudos
Not applicable
that would be on his forum. On this forum, he encourages you to spend R290 bucks a month for him to stop getting uppity about your alternative view.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon come on man....we can disagree about a lot of things but not the numbers as they appear on the chart....do u disagree with those numbers they mya be out by a pint of 2 but i dont agrgue about 20 points....we traded the gap profitably thats all that matters...have been repaced by some infantile version of yourself?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thats only if u want to be part of chat group...still cheaper than garth Mckenzie since you mentioned him...its not designed to make money but rather to keep people like you out.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you're fighting on so many fronts that you forget you are arguing this point against me, not Simon!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Here is that multiple fronts war point again - it was Sponono that bought up Mckensie. And why would you want to keep someone like me out of your forum - scared of an alternative view?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
err, I said nothing about any trade or gaps or the like ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
apologies...your comment came just after ..it was fair to assume you were commenting on it but fair does not mean correct...
0 Kudos