Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

FSR

Preston
Super Contributor
Funny little share. Broke above head and shoulder at R28.58, sets new high, retace almost wiping out almost all of its gains, and slowly drifting toward R28.58. Anyone care to explain this behaviour?
0 Kudos
42 REPLIES 42
Not applicable
very simply, the market moves where it wants to.
Its semi-random at best (unless you interview every partcipant over the past 2 weeks) and thats why theres stop losses.
Any explanation more detailed than this wont help you make better trades.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Thanks for that response. To me, that seems like erratic behaviour more like speculative behaviour.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
has come back to break out point at 2890ish and has completed base 1. The four count base should start today with a target of R35 IMO.
0 Kudos
Dr_Phopho
Contributor
You could just get out now while you still have some of the gains and buyback if it gets lower or wait to see if it reaches R28.58 as this might just be a retracement...Otherwise, you should make stop losses your bestnfriend
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
And sometimes....best take a position...don't trade it..see post by Russ on this share
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Time to go long on FSR?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
absolutely, look for the exhaustion move - like 17 sept or 9 oct. If it is just going to potter around at the 0.5% move, then I would want the momentum to be pointing up again
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
already long: will add more at a close above yesterday's high of 2920
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Already long 47 SSF ,like to add another 50 SSF , just scared of the nonsense in the USA.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Long FSR and short APN.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Up 1.56%, momemtum is gaining speed.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yesterday was the day to have exited longs. If todays close is red...then setting up for a short with confirmation on friday.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
APN or FSR?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
why ?? what's the correlation ??
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
That is what i am trying to understand from Rams on FSR.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
my analysis was on FSR...and dont pair APN with FSR, its an insult to APN
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
dont understand why you would want to short APN. there are many low risk shorts out there like IMP, AMP, ACL (especially), TKG, LON etc. Enlighten me please.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Just trading the price sponono. I personally love apn, but i am short on it. If i am wrong i will get punished, so far so good.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Trading the price Oom Rams
0 Kudos