Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

FTSE --- Ext Fibs ... Trendlines Chart !!!

10 REPLIES 10
divz
Super Contributor
Thanks Hennie....but can you/anybody tell me why they calculate the retrace from the drop in (looks like) Aug/Sept and not the drop in June/July.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The retrace from the neckline was in july ( bottom of retracement ), Aug Sep had the ftse at the -23.6% and -38.1%
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
funny I was doing exactly this chart this morning, on the DOW I give it 100 more point to reach the target...Nice Hennie
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi John .. Yes iam a bit Undecided on the DOW with EXT FIBS Here is why i say that .... http://www.chartupload.com/viewer.php?file=p6h32xz887j7xeghz11v.jpeg
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Question, why do we always use the neckline as parralel to the bottom? Could it not be slightly angled left or right? then Fib would surely be about halfway through the angled line?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well the neckline is normal worked out after the bottom trendline has broken ( which would be the retracement ) to form the 2de shoulder
0 Kudos
Not applicable
but yes it can be sideways as well
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tnx, I would go with the second chart for neckline as the left and right shoulder plus break is clearler. ALso thanks for the answer for sideways. i always understood it as either paralele or sideways but almost everyone seems to use only paralel ;-)
0 Kudos