Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

FTSE

Not applicable
yes Big bucks....without trying to complicate things....the one thing that has helped me tremendously has been the realization that when something seems to obvious the market does exactly the opposite....to understand this you need to try and be a short seller sometime....the problem (not a problem if you played the gap) was that everyone was thinking the same....hence very few short positions hence less buying as the index falls....sounds crazy....but shorts have to take profit and to do so they buy which underpins the price....
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Very good point Chartist so what youre saying if threre was a lot of short positions ( for whatever reason) and the market (for whatever reason) went up then the rally on the upside would be so much greater? and also vice versa.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
err not sure we are on the same wavelenghth...this morning there were less short positions on the local market cause everyone was thinking like big buck....."yea we gonna rock" ....last night the dow rallied because there were massive massive short positions.....this is related to the topic of th VIX which I spoke about a few days ago....the Vix is a measure of fear....when there is fear we have an underpin and potentially a massive rally...when we have complacency we have a problem...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
C, I dont quite understand. Asylum, arent u referring to a short squeeze?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
well what i think im trying to say is that if there was a lot of short positions in the market (and not specifically talking about last night) and the market rallied, all the short positions would fuel the rally as they try and bail out of their short positions by buying.
0 Kudos
Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Bought 1600000 @ 8c yesterday and sold same @ 11c today... to me R48k in a day is ROCKING seems like some of you want much more. Dont be greedy now. would post my next buy but whats the point , all to clever out there
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i made some cash off fsr as well
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
11c trades were through before the FTSE opened.
0 Kudos
Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Thats why we watch the futures very closely, if it's not telling you what you want to see you bail and take less profit
0 Kudos
Not applicable
where or which site does one keep an accurate eye on the futures??
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks saash
0 Kudos