Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GOLDFIELD - GFI

CE
Super Contributor
True Beep. The farm is about half an hours drive from Pretoria on the Pietersburg highway.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Well - enjoy it - chow.By the way who pissed you off so badly still A man
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Thanks. Some kid who's walkie talkie battries got flat and decided to come play here. But let's see how long his pocket money last.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
well - I got nailed quite badly with that whole debate - BUT i only got myself to blame.
0 Kudos
101bn
Contributor
CE Stuur groete vir die DINOKENG manne! Op wie se plaas skiet jy?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If anyone wants to sell me their GFI shares at R70, sorry I mean, R100, I'll buy. BTW, I felt GFI should go down to about R110 and then take off again. I said this in about Feb or Mar after the WAR acquisition was digested and GFI issued a huge number of shares to pay off the South Deep hedge. The gold price will still go up. Gold shares will go up. GFI currently has the biggest reserves and resources out of all gold shares worldwide. Why is it that SIM is going up whereas GFI isn't? Note that if you read this morning's Cape Times you may have noticed an article about the Bear Stearns hedge fund liquidating $800 million of its assets. If it does this, it might finally push USDX below 80. When this happens, the excitement will start. See http://globalgold.blogspot.com/2006/12/us-dollar-index-usdx-elliott-wave.html and the StockCharts web sites if you don't know what USDX is. Here's a summary: The European euro dominates the index with 58% of the weight, the Japanese yen comes in second at 14%, the British pound 12%, and the Canadian dollar at 9%. The remainder is divided between the Swedish krona and the legendary Swiss franc. The chart is called the USDX. Oh one more thing: without hedges, GFI will react to the physical gold price faster than other gold miners.
0 Kudos