Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GOOD NEWS

Project_Directo
Super Contributor
GREAT SO THAT WILL MAKE LIFE EASIER FOR bhp TO PICK UP THE PARTS IT REALLY WANTS, NICE STRATEGY MARIUS.LOL BLACKSTONE, the investment company, is planning a counterbid for Rio Tinto with a consortium believed to include China's sovereign wealth fund. Blackstone, which as owner would seek to break up Rio Tinto's assets, is believed to have appointed lawyers for the approach, and is in talks with bankers. Blackstone would undo the company's merger with aluminum producer Alcan, and sell off Rio's iron ore business. (Daily Telegraph, UK, Dec 10)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Anyone know when BHP has to make their offer formal under the LSE rules.Me thinks 8 weeks from offer, must be soonish and I thought I would provide a very quick opinion on the Bil chart. For an aggressive entry, it appears Bil has turned with positive indicators suggesting an upwards move. The 10 and 30 day EMA's have crossed, and the GMMA's are showing signs of strength. The red coloured short term GMMA's are spreading nicely, and have penetrated and moved above the blue long term EMA's. This suggests short term traders are buying up. More importantly are the long term lines, the blue GMMA's. They compressed and now are showing an upwards slope. Although the 60 - 40 day group are still compressed, the 30 and 35 day lines have separated. The recent downtrend is weak and is over according to the ADX de- line (red line on the top graph), but the dotted ADX line is showing Bil's current trend is weak (the dotted line is below 25) and therefore more trading days are required for this trend to strengthen and develop. The green de+ line has crossed above the red de-, showing the bulls are winning this fight, but slowly. Nothing much on the oscillators, with both the RSI and Chande showing Bil is ticking along well with its speed of price rise not too fast or slow. The MACD's (not displayed on this chart) are not/not showing divergence, so this is a positive sign. I topped up on Bil at 215. For those entering Bil now, keep a close watch on the price, and sell out on any true weakness. This may be a false start, but the indicators are not supporting this notion at this stage. I believe Bil will regain its lost territory.
0 Kudos