Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gold going strong

Not applicable
I sense a bit more than mere road kill.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
barry_1
Super Contributor
Rumour also helps gold shares,now there is a rumour that MVL is looking at buying the mothballed Dominion uranium mine from Gold One guess thats why its share has increased by 38% in the last couple of days.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have heard rumors, of another global economy downturn in the not so distant future that could entice chinese people in black suits to buy gold stocks, which could cause the gold price to reach $2000. rumors,,,rumors
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
A BEAUTIFUL GOLD CHART The gold chart is wildly bullish, with a 1300 target. The gold price follows the central banks monetization and diverse federal fiscal stimulus worldwide, and has ignored season. As the big banks struggle to survive, the central banks take extraordinary measures, and frontal assaults are waged against hedge funds, all patterns have been departed from. What replenishes big banks also leaks generally into the system in time. As the economic recessions show stubbornness, expect fiscal stimulus to be monstrous and almost endless. The reversal pattern is unmistakable, the classic Head & Shoulders pattern. The neckline is at 1000 and the top of the head is at 715. The nearly 300 point potential indicates a 1300 target, a number that has come up frequently in several different patterns identified. Notice the upward vector in both moving averages, as well as the cyclical index. The only resistance will be the illegal kind from naked shorting of futures contracts by the usual villains who operate at the behest of governments, protected from prosecution. They will not be able to stop what comes. A challenge of the 1000 level could come very soon. Once 1000 is penetrated in clear fashion, with excitement and attention, an overshoot of 1300 could even occur.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i'm not sure that i understood everything u say,but it sounds good and we all need a boost from time to time!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SO I should go and buy a few extra oxygen tanks for the ride up is what you are saying jack.... Do I need a bigger shute for the down trip in a year or two
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
haha have you seen HAR price?? was at 10% GFI 5% ANG a lowsy 3.3% yeah I think it is good. but ZAR-$ rate etc etc can have an slowing effect. If the ZAR plays ball it will go quick. But we will hurt in other places
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
dilema alert..... strong gold and strong rand on weak dollar. To get a weak rand.... you need a strong dollar... meanwhile the gold price she weaken (and oil and commods). Dollar due for small rally (before resuming trip to Hades) so watch your back campers
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Gold for now is protected by the stronger Rand and the 'sell in May" phenomena,even if every one does not beleive it,there enough adherents to let it work for a positive gold price....Eventually in about two months there is likely to be a reversal of the over exuberance and the price will come off some what....Always wise to keep Alerts on gold shares and stop-losses on derivitives.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Barry, do you have an opinion on such a deal? I thought the Dominion mine was largely worthless, and that the construction basically has to be s*****ped and rebuilt - requiring large cash injection.
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos